学术警告, probation and suspension policy is designed to give a student every possible opportunity to be successful in a college program.
The student is expected to maintain the following cumulative grade-point average:
|GPA Units||Institutional GPA|
Failure to maintain the indicated grade point average will result in the student being placed on academic warning. Students and their advisors are notified in writing that the quality of the student’s work has fallen below acceptable standards and should this unsatisfactory condition continue during the subsequent semester, 该学生可能被留校察看.
一学期后给予学术警告, students may be placed on academic probation if their cumulative grade-point averages are not within the limits previously stated.
如果学生达到至少2分.0 GPA during the subsequent semester(s) of enrollment but still does not achieve the required cumulative grade point average, he/she continues on probation until that requirement is satisfied (Summer session is equivalent to one semester.)
Any student who is on academic probation and transfers from one department or division to another will continue to be on probation in the new program until the probationary terms are met.
成绩不低于2分的学生.0 grade point average for each of the subsequent semesters while on probation will be placed on academic suspension. Students who are suspended will not be readmitted until a lapse of one regular semester (fall or spring) has occurred. 被停学的学生没有资格参加暑期学校.
Students who choose to appeal their academic suspension may do so by following the 学术恢复程序 listed below.
If a reinstatement is granted and the student does not meet the required GPA the semester they are reinstated, 该学生将被停学一学年，不得上诉.
注:所有学生被置于学业警告, academic probation, continued on probation or reinstated on suspension will be contacted by a Student Success staff member.
A student, 谁被通知休学, may appeal the suspension by completing the Appeal for Academic Reinstatement Form and filing it with the Enrollment Services office by the date stated in the Notification of Suspension. Appeals received after the required submission date will only be considered if significant extenuating circumstances exist. Students appealing their suspension must provide supporting documentation explaining the compelling circumstances they wish to have considered. 令人信服的证据的例子可包括:记录在案的医疗状况, 家庭成员死亡, 离婚和/或赡养问题, legal problems and other extenuating circumstances that have affected the student’s ability to meet required academic standards. 此表格可通过注册主任办公室获得, Haverty Hall, Room 101, 请拨打701-671-2521, or online here:
The registrar or other designated academic official will gather the appeal request and academic information from the student. 学术审查委员会将审查所提供的文件, 与学生见面，决定是否解除或维持停学.
如果暂停判决成立, the student may advance a written appeal to the vice president for academic affairs within five business days of the response. The vice president or his/her designee shall review the appeal and other relevant information and inform the student of the decision within five business days. 副总统的决定是最终决定.
如果学生选择对休学决定提出上诉, he/she is allowed to register and attend classes pending a resolution of the appeal. The student is responsible for any charges (tuition, fees, housing, dining services, tools, etc.). 学生必须坚持 NDSCS学生权利和责任指南:行为准则.
All students have the right to present an appeal in accordance to the steps outlined in this policy and are assured freedom from discrimination, coercion, 在提出申诉时的克制或报复.
来帮助你更好地理解这对你意味着什么, 请安排与以下办公室的会议. Your follow-up with these offices is going to be critical to your success and ability to continue at NDSCS.
- Schedule a meeting with the Student Success Center by calling 701-671-3000 or via email at email@example.com. Contact the NDSCS Student Success Center as soon as possible to discuss strategies to improve your academic progress.
- 与你的学术顾问见面. They will help you review your course schedule and ensure you are on the path to attaining your degree. Your advisor's contact information can be found on Campus Connection or you can call the Student Success Center for assistance at 701-671-3000.
- 联系财政援助办公室. 留校察看可能会影响未来的经济援助奖励. The Financial Aid Office is located in Room 101 of Haverty Hall or you may call 701-671-2207 or 1-800-342-4325, ext. 32207.
我们强烈建议NDSCS学生使用以下服务. They are free and can be valuable resources to assist you in meeting the academic standards that will allow you to earn your degree.
- Academic Tutoring: 点击这里获取辅导信息 时间表，时间和地点.
- Health & 个人咨询: Personal counseling and health services can assist students with a variety of issues and are completely confidential. To make an appointment please call 701-671-2286 or for after-hours help 701-235-7335. 点击这里了解更多信息.
- Career Development: The Academic & Career Counselor can assist you with exploring majors and career paths that match your strengths, 价值观和兴趣. 预约电话:701-671-3000.
- 可访问性服务: The 学生可访问性 Coordinator can assist you in providing equal access and opportunity to all academic programs and campus activities for students with disabilities. 预约电话:701-671-3000 or stop in to the Student Success Center in Old Main 130. 点击这里了解更多信息.