If you are a victim of, or a witness to a crime, you should do the following:
- Report the crime to ndsc警察 immediately (located in the 赫克特纳学生中心). 如果是在校园里, dial 701-671-2233 or 9-911 for any of the following emergencies: medical assistance, 火灾, suspicious people or activities, 犯罪报告, 交通事故, 其他违法行为, 等. 在华普顿的校外, dial 701-642-7777 (non-emergencies) or 911 (emergencies) for the Wahpeton Police Department. If off campus in Fargo, dial 701-241-1310 for the Fargo Police Department. You may remain anonymous by going to ndsc.edu/Concern.
- Obtain a description of the offender(s), 包括性, 年龄, 比赛, 头发, clothing and distinguishable features. Also attempt to obtain a description and license number of any vehicles involved. Note the direction taken by the offender or the vehicles and report these to the police.
- 保护犯罪现场. Do not touch any items involved in the incident. Close off the area of the incident and do not allow anyone in the crime scene area until police arrive.
- Consider contacting student counseling services in Riley Hall at 701-671-2286. The counseling center may be able to help ease the trauma you may feel as a victim of a crime.
- When reporting a crime to any law enforcement 年龄ncy, stay on the line with the dispatcher. 有时, officers in the field responding to the call may need additional information that may be important. Above all else, remember to REMAIN CALM.
ndsc警察 conducts all levels of investigations for crimes occurring on campus. 除了, ndsc警察 work closely with state and local law enforcement 年龄ncies in all criminal investigations.